Sustainable Leadership and Academic Excellence Conference aims to provide appropriate environments that stimulate continuous professional development through reflecting on and learning from the various practices in these environments. Leadership has become a global trend and an essential requirement in the process of comprehensive development and modernization of professional performance in different sustainable societal change and contribute to promoting and developing the national economy, while academic excellence is a significant pillar in any institution in light of the current challenges influencing its sustainability amidst the digitalization of teaching and learning. Hence, the initiatives of the University of Bahrain and its Unit for Teaching Excellence and Leadership (UTEL) have long been centred on sustainable leadership and academic excellence in response to the international trends in the field and in fulfillment of the national requirement concerned with developing sustainable quality performance. This conference is the manifestations of these initiatives, as it aims to showcase the best local, regional, and international practices in creating sustainable leadership environments in all institutions and to achieve professional and academic excellence.
This conference will be on two folds: Sustainable leadership and Academic excellence. It aims to promote excellence, sustainability and innovation in leadership and academic practices, and facilitate the sharing of experiences among experts in the fields.
- Promote sustainable leadership skills
- Exchange professional practices through direct interaction among experts in the field.
- Establish professional and global relations and networking among HE institutions.
- Celebrate achievements of innovative academic practices.
- Achieve a knowledge transfer of best practices in leadership
- Promote a culture of innovation and change in continuous professional practices
- Promote the sustainability of excellence in education considering the current developments
- Showcase innovative leadership styles
- Help meet the requirements for sustainable successful leadership
- Highlight the leadership skills in Covid-19 era
- Sustain aspects of planning and strategic policy-making
- Foreground crisis management and decision-making in leadership practices
- Feature education, training, and evaluation from quality assurance perspectives
- Leaders in the public and private sectors
- Decision makers and those responsible for designing policies and strategies related to leadership and excellence
- Affiliates of local, regional, and international educational institutions and bodies
- Researchers in leadership and professional and academic excellence
- Workers in the administrative and educational sectors
- Affiliates of government ministries and training bodies
- Chairpersons of training centres
- Professional/accredited trainers
A. Sustainable Leadership
- New paradigms/approaches to policy & planning in higher education.
- Leadership skills in Covid-19 era
- Leadership in higher education
- Standardization of practices and organizational process.
- Requirements for sustainable successful leadership
- Innovative leadership styles
- Impact of sustainable leadership
- Successful practice of sustainable leadership
B. Academic Excellence
- Academic practices in higher education
- Academic environment
- Teaching strategies
- Learning styles
- Innovative practices of teaching and learning
- Multidisciplinary teaching and learning
- Assessment & feedback techniques in the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Action research in teaching practices and learning processes
- Impact of quality assurance & accreditation on academic practices
- Professionalism and continual academic development
- Digitization & e-learning in the Covid-19 Pandemic